What is Beta Alpha Psi?
Beta Alpha Psi is an honorary organization for current and future financial information professionals. There are over 300 chapters in existence, through which over 300,000 members have been initiated since the organization’s formation in 1919. As stated on the national Beta Alpha Psi website (www.bap.org):
“The primary objective of Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance, and information systems; providing opportunities for self development, service, and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.”
What Are the Benefits of Beta Alpha Psi?
- Interacting with accounting professionals at weekly meetings.
- Learning about careers in accounting and the firms that recruit at WSU.
- Getting tips on the job search process:
- When to interview for full time jobs / internships.
- What to expect in a campus / office interview.
- How to write a resume, cover letter, thank you letter, dress for success, exhibit professional etiquette.
- Meeting other accounting majors for friendship, networking, and study groups.
- Participating in professional and service activities.
Who can come?
All accounting, finance and MIS majors from freshman to seniors are invited to come to our weekly meetings and any other events.
When Does it Start?
It starts when you show up! Whether it is the beginning, middle or end of the semester we invite you to come and try out Beta Alpha Psi whenever you have time.